Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Brandon's Twenty Fifth Email! January 25th, 2016

Hey everyone,

So this week was cool, got to leave the house a bit more and that was nice! Elder Gehring is still kinda sick so some days we didn't leave until or later, or one day we couldn't leave. But wow, the time we were out was really cool. Either in lessons or doing contacts, and the people here seem so so receptive. We didn't get shut down once, and talking to the people is super fun. I'm really excited because I feel like I'll have more teaching time here and whatnot. So this is like an old school style kind of cowboy town, and it looks super classic in a lot of parts, I really like it! Has tons of really wide paved roads even though there are like no cars. 

So one investigator is really cool. He has been coming to church for awhile now and is getting married the 18th. Elder Gehring and I will be the witnesses for that. Then he will get baptized the 20th!  He totally gave up drinking and has been so blessed for that. He just got electricity in his house for the first time ever, and is awesome. 

Our house, is gross. It's so messy and pretty annoying, but I'm trying to constantly clean a little at a time. I bought cockroach spray and killed maybe half of them. I'll keep doing that maybe two times a week changing the brand of spray each time and see if it works. 

It has been SOOOO hot. Like dripping sweat at every moment everyday. Today actually is better, but we carry like handkerchiefs to dry our faces when we are gonna talk to somebody. Even in our house at 10pm, dripping sweat!

Tomorrow we will have exchanges with the zone leaders. Still don't know if I'm going or staying but that will be cool. 

This week passed very fast. I feel like each week passes faster and faster. I really can't believe that 6 months have passed this week. Crazy. I'm starting to feel the time in the mission is short. I'm really anxious to get out of the house each day to try and make the most of it. Hoping that this week and this change will bring good times. 

I have been loving The Book of Mormon. I finished it in english and have been reading it is spanish. I've been reading slowly and marking and looking at cross references and it's been way more useful. I love being able to read it in the two languages now. 

So I hit 6 months this week. Crazy, crazy. 


Top Ten

10. Well, thinking back to my first week here. I'm grateful it is hot instead of freezing!
9. The decreased number of roaches (When I woke up last week there was a dead one in my bed, lovely)
8. Thank you from the 7th ward and I think Kari Rich? for the package! Loved all the treats and drawings!
7. I finally have sheets and pillows, sleeping is so much easier with a pillow!!!
6. Sheridan's Christmas package for me came! Thanks so much! It was awesome, filled with treats and a nice card! 
5. We had a worldwide live missionary broadcast with the apostles on Tuesday and it was awesome! 
4. I hit 6 months this week!!
3. The contacts with the people here, and the people here in general seem really receptive.
2. The investigator that has plans to get married and baptized lives so humbly, but is so generous still.
1. Sheridan leaves tomorrow for the Sao Paulo MTC!!!!!!

Love you all,
Elder Richmond







  Comp pics... Cause we needed a companion picture. 
The hat isn't mine. It was in the house and he wanted to match haha



 Skinny Tie 



 Slept on the roof


 I've got to be honest, I'm really happy with the way my bread has been turning out lately. 
It is like normal good bread haha.


 This was my friend while I was making the bread. 
I was wearing flip flops and felt something on my foot. 
This thing was huge and it could jump SO high and so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment