So I got transferred obviously!
Paso de los toros seems awesome! I say SEEMS because my comp was sick and so we've only been outside like 5 hours since Wednesday!!! haha, In the MTC I thought how nice it'd be to have a sick comp because you could have kinda a relax time but I was soooo wrong. It felt so long. But lucky my new comp, Elder Gehring, from Logan, Utah is cool and nice and everything!
So we got there Wednesday and the house is nice but sooo gross and messy. We couldn't bring all the bags/packages from Montevideo when we came, so I have only had one bag of mine since Wednesday, which has been very hard!! So we didn't leave the apartment T, and that was a long day. I cleaned and read tonsss. we left for a little like in the night, and S too, so I read and cleaned a little also. was great, we had church and the members seem great here, like in El Pinar!
Great announcement... WE HAVE BIKES!!!!!!!!! One of three areas in the whole mission that has bikes!!!! They're super janky and currently aren't working but we'll change that this week and then it'll be sweet! We have to wear helmets and these bright orange vests (everyone here does), but I'm really excited! It is way hotter here than El Pinar, the whole day is sweaty, through the night even. About the area a little:
It is super inland and it has a really cool style, much more city style than El Pinar, and paved roads!!!! It is absolutely empty from 2-6 ish for siesta and we are about 1 hr bus ride from the next town!
There were about 4 or 5 investigators at church this week. Some that we visited in the nights when we left, and one that a family invited. The people generally are different here, way more kind. Everyone greets us and like listens to us, it's great. I'm really excited because I have heard good things from everyone about the area.
This week was slow on the lesson side of things, but I had a great time reading The Book of Mormon and the Liahonas. I feel like reading the two together made it so easy to see how our prophet and apostles really are called of God to testify of Christ, just like it has always been in Christ´s church. There is no deviation. It is so right.
This week I have a top 5 and bottom 5 (due to the house mainly, eveything is great, but it deserves it)
5. Staying in house for SO many hours
4. Only having one of my bags. That means I dry after the shower with a hand towel, have not pillow or blankets, have been sleeping on top of a sheet, and have zero of my scriptures or study things.
3. The electricity in the house like shorted out the night before I arrived, so we have light in 2/5 areas of the house
2. The water in the bathroom doesn't really drain, so we can't use the toilet and the sink takes about 30 hours to drain!
1. Hundreds of cockroaches!!! Practically only in the kitchen. Have almost thrown up from rotten food in the kitchen. Practically the kitchen is depressing...
5 ½. Having El Pinar as my great first area! And Juan Gorgoroso cooked great tacosnight
5. We have bikes!!!!
4. Thank you Grandma for the Christmas gift money! Really helped me out this week!!!!
3. Sheridan leaves, gives her farewell this week!!!
2. My comp is nice and we get along well and that's relaxing!
1. Paso seems really cool, and I'm super excited for my time here!
Love you all!
Blurry pic of a room in our house
A room in our house
Roach invested kitchen.
When you open the cupboard it's like you raided their rave and they all run everywhere.
(All of those little brown things are cockroaches!)
The room where I keep my clothes after a little reorganizing
My bed that I've been sleeping on like this for 5 nights now.
The church is right across the street, literally. It's so nice.
Our windows in the house are awesome also.
Thought this was funny, from The Liahona
My comp was sick, watching mormon messages and guess who I heard...
hahaha it was so weird, I was like that sounds like Sean... then realized.
Homemade bread with strawberry jelly.
While I was waiting for my bread cooking
Our moped... no just kidding but we took advantage to take dumb pictures.
Someone in the ward had a flat and stored it in our house for the night.