So this week was super, super crazy. Gives me anxiety haha.
First of all, transfers are this week, but Elder Gehring and I are both staying. I'm stoked, I love this area and we're both excited to work hard this change and see how the Lord blesses the area. But the whole week the uncertainty bout transfers was kind of looming over us. Elder Gehring really thought he was going because this is the first time he'll be with a comp more than one transfer!
So, after we emailed M we swung by the bus terminal to see departures for the temple conference and saw we had to go to Durazno that night because we were leaving from there at . So we went home, got ready, and hopped on a bus. Slept there that night, jankiest air mattress for a 4 foot person. So practically slept on the ground haha. We had the temple conference , we had the conference first, I gave the spiritual thought, and we had interviews with President. He is so cool. So spiritually strong you can just feel it. I love talking with him, a really good example to all of us. Then we had lunch and a few more things, then we went to the temple all together and that was great obviously! I felt really sick, but it was still great! I am going to miss the Montevideo temple when I leave. Then we got to Durazno at so it was too late to go to PdlT (Paso de los toros), so we slept there again, woke up at 5 to catch an early bus. Not super fun, but we arrived in PdlT and had to walk home in the CRAZY downpour. Needless to say, from our suits to our socks we were soaked.
So Wnow, we had a funeral in the church, so we set up everything after we got home, then attended the funeral and went to the cemetery and everything. After lunch, we went to Francisco's to confirm the wedding and he told us Alba walked out on him. That she took all her stuff to go live with her daughter, because her kids didn't want the she got married. He was pretty sad, they've been together 23 years, but was still totally committed to get baptized. and said even if she comes back they won't live together without being married and will keep all of the commandments, and he is very sincere and honest, but I don't think she is coming back.
So Tafternoon he had his baptism interview and everything went well. He was very excited.
His baptism went great! He was so excited and the bishop and stake president were there and it was nice. Miguel, a somewhat recent convert baptized him, and he was really happy to do that also.
So SI gave a 10 min talk on Missionary work, I think it went well, idk. It was fun because my spanish didn't hinder me really much as I was speaking. Then we had a normal day after that.
Yesterday, we had weekly planning because we couldn't do it on Thursday, then in the afternoon made visits and even visited a few families because Elder Gehring really thought he was leaving haha. It was a calm day.
Now we have the Conference with Elder Bednar, we have to go to Trinidad again :/ but... it means someone is going to get baptized so really it's :))))
We don't have any progressing investigators right now, so we are going to focus on that a ton. We are going to have a more normal week starting. This week will be cool, it goes so quickly when you have breaks in the week with conferences and whatnot.
10. We bought and ate chicken nuggets for dinner 3 nights ago! Sooo tasty! Only dinner I had this week :/ haha. Weren't chicken dinos, but they were good!
9. The week flew by. When we have a lot of work to do, it's wonderful!
8. I had the best biscochoes ever. Tons of mormons work at this bakery and we got fresh and hot onesbefore we got on the bus! And they gave them to us so cheap! Like a hot croissant with ham and melted cheese ahhhh.
7. We got raid cockroach poison traps and they have been working! Literally been sweeping piles of 50 dead cockroaches out the back door like every couple hours. A lot less now like constantly crawling around!
6. Sheridan Hoffman's birthday on the 24th of Febraury! Erebody should email her and wish her a happy B-day! She is in the MTC in Brazil and turns 20!!! Sheridan.Hoffman@myldsmail.net
5. Preparing the talk gave me tons of opportunities to learn about what missionary work really is. Sharing happiness with our brothers and sisters!
4. I'm staying in Paso de los Toros for AT LEAST another transfer!
3. I'm excited for the conference!
2. The temple trip was great, I love to go to the temple.
1. The baptism of Francisco! Even though he had such a tough week, he choose to follow the Lord and he is so happy. Everything went great, and I am so happy for him!
Love you all!
This and the next photo are from the temple trip. Sunset over the fields.
Too bad my camera doesn't capture the colors, but it is actually super beautiful.
Bus terminal at 5 in the morning. Had never been to a bus terminal before my mission!
Taking refuge to put our stuff in plastic bags once we got off the bus. Pouring..
Spider on my backpack
Our church building!