Thursday, September 3, 2015

Brandon's Fifth Email! September 3rd, 2015

Okay so not a ton to say this week and definitely not a lot of time, sorry. I already sent pics. 

I almost died during workout time. I was running and an elder threw the basketball like a football, and led me toward the fountain and I tripped on the path right in front of the fountain going full speed and was like 6 inches from drilling my face on the concrete fountain and tucked at the last second. I still nailed it in my neck and back of my head and my back at full speed, but was totally alright, it was so lucky!!! 

Elder Cordoso from Brazil left, he is going to Mexico but was really funny, he would say the only english we would tell him, like we would tell him to go to other Americans and say, "I hid the body," and with his accent it sounded so gnarly, but he had no idea what it meant.

I bought an indexed triple to match my Bible from the distribution center for about 17 dollars as my B-day present with the money you gave me mom, so thanks :)))))

That road we prostzlyted in (no idea how to spell that in english), was so gross with the dead dog in a bag, and like huge pieces of flesh and big pieces of pelts... It smelled so nasty and I am kinda just confused what goes on there...

I unhemmed my huge baggy suit pants haha. I am gonna tailor them so they aren't ridiculously floppy and then I took out the cuffed hem, and am gonna straight hem them so they're a tad longer too. Already have done one leg... Hopefully it turns out. But I think it will. Also wish I had a sewing machine.

My companion and I got filmed while we were doing a practice teaching our teacher as a fake investigator and the MTC director filmed us just for a couple seconds because Provo MTC asked for it, so I think we may be in the MTC devotional intro video or something like that which is sick hahah, but I'll never see it because I won't see the Devo's. 

I want some pics of our family all together with me included! I have zero haha... Also of my motorcycle, but I asked dad for those. 

So the only real thing to talk about that has changed is proselyting. So our new area for last week and this Saturday is wayyy poorer, like way way poorer. We were out for like 5 hours though and had like 27 contacts (where you introduce yourself and at least talk to people) and 7 references for other missionaries, which was like the most of anyone. We talked to this husband and wife who had a kid get in a wreck and die recently and it was super sad, but we taught them about the plan of salvation and they were into it. Other missionaries are gonna go teach them I think, we got all their info, but they like had their son go get us ice cold juice from inside which was nice cause it was really hot, and then we were talking to them and we were like yeah sorry we can't speak better and explain this more clearly, I've only been learning here for 4 weeks so it is really difficult to say what I am thinking, and he was like all serious, and was like wow, and shook my hand, and was like "Well you are opening your mouth and God is speaking through you, I understood what you said, thank you."
So that was really really touching. We had like 3 or 4 good lesson type introductions that got us references. I'm excited to go out in the field. I leave this Tuesday at like 3 in the morning. I get to email next Monday I believe, Sept. the 15th. I am finally understanding most of the language stuff, not fluent at all, but at least now I understand what tenses people are speaking in and I can do it too, but I think when I go in the field I'll have a pretty good base on my confusion. 

I love you all


Top Ten

10. I DID NOT die on the fountain
9. Got some nice citrus juice on a hot day
8. Am not fat yet
7. We had a good amount of chicken this past week. 
6. Only 5 more days left here!!!!
5. I have worn all my shoes now and I think they're all gonna be good
4. I got to go out in Argentina, where Grandma and Grandpa were living as mission prez.
3. My comp and I had the most activity in proselyting, not saying we're good, just that it was exciting.
2. The days are going by faster in here now! And I'm almost out in Uruguay!!!
1. That one lesson with that father was really touching. Happy that happened, it acutally makes a mission feel real as of now.









 Dead dog in a bag... 
This street had tons and tons of dog scraps and fur and flesh





 Falcons erewhere



 Super dirty




 Bought this triple.. to match the Bible... Thanks



Elder Cordosa only knows how to say, "skate is not a crime," and do this haha


No comments:

Post a Comment