Monday, June 6, 2016

Brandon's Forty Fourth Email! June 6th, 2016

This week was pretty similar to last week!

One funny story to start things off.
We were walking and were trying to talk with EVERYONE haha so there were two girls shoveling dirt and I was like, "Wait, hey do you need help! We can totally shovel that for you."
"No we're fine," she said.
And I was like, "Are you sure, we are free and it'd be real quick." 
And then the other looks up with like crying eyes and said, "We're burying my dead dog! It died! We're good, thanks!"
My comp and I just started walking away like... what are the chances hahah. Really awkward and I feel bad haha.

Also, random question, what's it called when you have a bagel with cream cheese and salmon?

In 2 weeks we want to go to Chuy on p-day. 
It's about a 500 peso round trip, and you go to buy stuff, so mom, in total could I use like 1000 pesos? (33 dollars) 

I got randomly really sick on Friday and was throwing up and really dizzy and just not feeling well at all and Friday is our laundry day so I still had to hang my laundry because if not it would get gross obviously, and we hang our laundry on the side of the house. We have a cord that runs along the house (second story, like 15-18 feet) and the ledge is about 18 inches wide. And I was hanging my laundry this day and was on the ledge inbetween the balconies and got REALLY dizzy like I thought I was going to fall. I rested my head against the wall and closed my eyes just trying to steady myself and was like come on Richmond, this is game time, this is when it counts... then I like made myself get to the balcony haha. Not a good idea, not going out there dizzy again.

This week, we had an intercambio. Elder Larsen the DL came here and it was fine! It was fun with him but the day we kind of did contacts and references because we don't have really a lot of investigators who are steady or legit.
That's been the hardest part of this area, just the lack of progression. We've been working really hard to try and get things going but it's just been slow.

I really enjoy doing contacts always and automatically, it makes it easy. You never need to decide, you just do it.

We found some hopeful potential investigators this week, so we'll see if this week we can find them and follow up! 

It's really cold, like see your breath 24/7, our shower curtain broke and the window is broken so It's SUPER cold haha. But when we sleep the room heats up, which is nice!

I currently have a cold that is really not fun. Headache, stuffy everything, head pressure, but at least I'm not barfing!

We are giving a 45 minute workshop tomorrow in our zone conference but my comp like doesn't want to, so I think I'll pretty much be prepping it all. Wish me luck haha. But it's on Ezra Taft Benson´s talk on pride, which is super cool! Everyone should read it!!!
 
Rochita could use everyones prayers... so please help us hah. But seriously, prayer is so important. It's cool thinking that members of the church can still pray for a confirmation that these things are true and God will answer them! Everyone should pray! hahah There are so many Catholics here who say they believe in God in their own way. And then say he is there when they need Him or want Him and never more. It's like ummmm....
and then lots say like I say this prayer every day 3 times a day! And then recite a prayer, and I'm always like I think he has heard that prayer a lot! He wants to hear from YOU Manuel!

But everything is great, hope everything at home is great! I pray for you all, I love you all!!! 


Top Ten

10. I stopped barfing!
9. Elder Johnson bought a pull up bar! I'm working on it haha.
8. I bought french fries and they are dank!
7. We made burritos for lunch yesterday (with fries)
6. My over-extensive first aid kit is paying off now
5. Contacts have been super fun this week!
4. I have been ponderizing scriptures and I've actually been able to do it! Quoted one without the LDM yesterday in my testimony for the first time ever!
3. Elder Larsen helped me out so much when I was sick! I had started to cook beans but I like couldn't smell them or I'd barf so he totally did it and it was great!
2. After such a long, bad day of being sick, the ZL came home from Montevideo and had a ton of cards from Sheridan and one from Jessica! They were all so great and comforting and encouraging following such an urt day!
1. Every opportunity that we have to feel that spirit! It is especially true at church! But we can up that even more by prepping ourselves for church! I'm definitely not perfect, but each time I've tried to prep myself and have a good experience, I have! 

I know this church is true. Everyone can know really simply, just read The Book of Mormon and pray and ask if it's true! 

Have a great week!

Elder Richmond


This is Victoria from Paso!!! 
Couldn't return for her baptism but happy it worked out!


 So much mold in our room because it's always damp!!!


 The branch president sells potatoes!!!


 Getting barreled on the mission


 Cool map. Chuy is the border with Brazil and we're going in two weeks for p-day! 
You actually go in Brazil and they have free shops and It's sooo much cheaper than Uruguay!


 We found this sketchy walkway thing! 


 Elder Larsen! 



 Funny writing with bad grammar!


 My comp and me haha


The Elder of Rocha Rocha rama

No comments:

Post a Comment