Monday, March 14, 2016

Brandon's Thirty First Email! March 7th, 2016

Holaaaaa!!!

So first, requests :) Can you send me a recipe for the biscuit dough that I could make the chocolate bunny tail things with? Like the canned biscuit dough? I want to make that because we have a bunch of shallow baking things that I could use to do those.  I was going to ask if Austin got into BYU-Hawaii but read it casually from Sheridan first haha. Congrats Austin!!!!

So some things to share first. Terezinha, the Brazilian lady, is seriously such a happy, nice person, and always, always makes me happy when we leave. She went and did baptisms for the dead 2 weeks ago for the first time (if anyone who isn't mormon is reading that, go to Mormon.org and read about it, It's amazing, and is nothing weird at all!) and she told us about her experience! She like didn't even really understand 100% when she went what it symbolized, but she said in the baptistry she said she didn't recognize the person being baptized each time they came up out of the water, and she felt like it was a different person each time, and felt so much love and happiness each time. She described the purpose and joy of baptisms for the dead so perfectly. Such a blessing that members of the church have, to be able to help those people who are waiting for somebody to do the ordinance! Ah, it gave me the best chills as she was telling us.

So fun story: The weather has dropped one nivel in heat at night and so last night for the first time in like months I went to crawl under my sheets and I did so, and then felt a cockroach go crazy and start climbing all over me and I freaked out and finally got it out. SO gross! BUT, the cockroaches are like 90% less than there were! I bought poison traps and they're working! The cabinets are no longer like a rave, more like a kickback. Progress!

We went to Trinidad in Flores again on Saturday for a baptismal interview but... the girl never came! The sisters were so sad because she had given zero reason to suspect that. I felt really bad for them because they were so excited for the girl. So that wasted like all of Saturday between the travel and waiting for her! Bummer!

This Tuesday, we went to this lady named Claudia's house! She is like 50 and wants to get baptized really bad! She already knows soooo much! We read over the baptismal interview questions with her and she is legit. Like reading to get baptized.. except she lives with her pareja and they aren't married because her last husband and her aren't divorced still. They have been seperated for 25 years and no one knows where he is now, so she is going to try and get the papers through anyway. They want to get married ASAP so she can get baptized. But really a great lady who already has such a strong testimony. SO nice to see! I love hearing people bear their testimonies who are new to the church!

This transfer is only 5 weeks! It ends the 30th of March. So like 3.5 weeks left! They changed something so the MTC would go smoother idk.

This week we were focusing on finding a lot of people to teach! We talked to lots of people, did lots of contacts and like met a lot of people, but so far none of them have become investigators, which is a little tough, but we'll keep going at it! We got this reference from the guy that baptized Francisco, named Miguel. So we called him to ask him where she lived, and he was like, "Here come with me," and we walked across the street and he knocks (knocking is clapping from the gate here) for like 5 minutes straight haha. Then she walked up from the street and we had a lesson. She was really nice, very humble education also, but set the date to get baptzied the 25th of March. So it was a great lesson, and Miguel brought her to church. Then class was about to start and this couple walks in and sits in front, and the investigator started acting really weird and I asked if she was okay, and she started crying so I said let's talk outside. So Elder Gehring and I went outside and she starts bawling and said the lady that walked in was her daughter and the daughter like hates her, and won't say hi. She wasn't the best mother I guess, so it is just sad on both sids of the story. But it's kinda awkward, we like can't hug her or like do anything comforting, but luckily a lady from church that knew her came up and started hugging her. So super gnarly random drama. We had no idea. The daughter isn't baptized either, but comes every single week. Just WILL NOT get married.

We had 5 investigators at church. Juan, this kid with like 15 years also has a date to get baptized the 26th. He has a sister who will probably get baptized the same day, she just wasn't there during the last lesson. That is, given that they don't go back to this other tiny little pueblo town where their mother is from (very complicated mother situation. May continue living with their Aunt).

Overall, a pretty good week! We have zone conference tomorrow, and maybe exchanges but we still don't know! 

Oh, I fixed the bike!!! So one was working, but last week I bought tires and tubes for a bike and changed them (sweated like crazy changing them. I was soaked) But since Monday we have been riding!! It is a dream!!!!!! 1 of two areas in the mission with a bike!!!! We get from place to place so fast! Saving my shoe life, and it's fun! haha The bike is janky, but whatever!! 

Keep me updated on everyone! Sheridan asked me some simple questions about my brothers and sisters and I didn't know one of the answers! haha but I hope all is well! I pray for you guys all the time!


 Top Ten

10. Less cockroaches in the house!!
9. Reimbursements FINALLY came in! Aka. I will get to eat this week!
8. Bikes fixed!!!!
7. I can understand everything in church now without even paying special attention! I can feel the spirit a lot more now that I'm not always lost!
6. AUSTIN GOT INTO BYU HAWAII!!!!
5. Grandma's package! Thanks so much grandama!!!! Loved the treats and the flea repellent was such a good idea!
4. Getting far in Jesus the Christ, learning so much. Love reading it!
3. The reference and introduction by Miguel was great /funny!
2. Claudia is so ready to get baptized! Just needs to figure out paperwork!
1. The 2 investigators with dates and 5 investigators in church is encouraging!

Alright, I love you all!!!
Have a great week!


Ignore my really big forehead, but this is Pricila! So cute!


The Sosa Family!


The steez machine by the river, note the white walls that went for $7 US dollars 


A very, very weirdly lit picture. I swur I'm not this white


Us with our sick vests and helmets by the river. It's a local law I guess. 
Everybody except for the hoodlums use them.



Montevideo port as we drove into the Bednar Conference! 
Picture was SOOO lame but it was cool! Cruise ships and it looked cool! 


Last week I made like 5 or 6 pizzas like this because it's the
 cheapest thing to make and we had the ingredients! 
Pretty good actually but it's no round table, that's for sure.


Cool Plaza in Trinidad. 
Seriously it looks just like the plazas in the practice videos from middle school spanish class!
 Like they were always at some random plaza and I swear they filmed them in Trinidad and Durazno!


Then Sister Sosa made us Empanadas and Pigs in a Blanket for dinner because 
we missed lunch with her to go to Flores! I loved the pigs in a blanket!




No comments:

Post a Comment