Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Brandon's Eighteenth Email! December 7th, 2015

Hey family and friends!

This week was great! 
So Wednesday was the new transfer cycle, but it was a normal day for us. One new sister in my district, Sister Madison Gillman who totally knows Madison Stolk! It is crazy! She knew her nickname mad-dog and everything, thought that was funny.

This week was a good week because we had a LOT more lessons than last week, and new investigators that really have potential and I'm really excited about that. One of them is a lady named Sandra and she is like so faithful, but doesn't know really where to put her faith. She is so nice, and we'll see what happens this week. 

And the other is Natasha. She lived in Maryland for 13 years, she is 16 now, and she totally speaks english, like better than spanish (although she speaks spanish perfectly too), which leads me to the fact that I got to teach in english a bit this week! The lessons were like half spanish half english, to clarify things more simply we would speak in english, and it was so comfortable. We also watched the restoration in english and it was great. She is new to the ideas of religion, but so far she likes what we have taught and so we are excited for her.

This week my foot pain finally went away. I started limping slightly to try and cushion it and wrapped it in this ghetto ace bandage (thanks Elder Rae), and after three days of this it stopped hurting! So much better now! 
The food this week was particularly good, I'm not sure if I'm getting used to the oil, or if it was the week itself. I made french toast one night too and that was sweet! 

Today we are going to have a lot of free time, and this week I think we will travel to the other mission in Montevideo so my comp can sign some papers for the Brazilian military reserve. I think I figured him out more, like his personality. It helps me try to understand some of the things he does that I don't really agree with, but it's all to learn I guess hahah.

It's really cool when you have studied something, and thought about how it would make sense to the person you are teaching, then improve it, then later see how it actually improves. My spanish is improving (still slowly), but to the point where I can have more normal conversations, and can actually explain myself mom. It's kind of hard to pray in english now, I feel like I don't remember the words because the only time I speak english is Tuesdays sometimes.

We as a zone are singing in front of the whole mission December 15th, when we have our conference of Christmas in Malvin. I'm excited for that. We have an end of the year dinner for the ward December 12th, this Saturday, and we are giving a like 10 minute presentation for that.

That's all for this week! Till next Monday!!


Top Ten

10. Cinnamon rolls last night were great
9. Christmas skype is super duper soon
8. Understanding of spanish more and more
7. The members in our ward are awesome and are starting to feel like home.
6. The weather is super enjoyable right now. Kinda hot, but nice
5. We had such a fun day last Wednesday. Lesson to lesson to lesson the whole day.
4. My foot pain is gone!
3. Got to teach a lesson in english, super fun
2. We have more new legit investigators!
1. Sheridan got her Visa to Brazil!!! Lots of time Brazil has problems with the visas! Sweet!






Sorry, these are the only fotos for the week. Nothing really crazy happened and I don't want to ask my comp really to take pics, so these are the cinnamon rolls I made last night! They were dank!!!!!! I used Sheridan's recipe and modified the topping a little and it was so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment